Trike Shop FAQs
Plan on 1-2 hours for your visit in order to test ride several trikes and for us to be able to fit them to you. Our trikes are highly customizable, and you'll want to have enough time for us to work with you to be sure your trike is a comfortable fit.
If you plan to purchase and take your trike home on the same day as your visit, you'll want to plan on an additional 1-2 hours for us to finalize adjustments and add accessories. Many customers traveling from some distance will make a morning appointment for a test ride, then plan to head out for lunch while we finish setting up the trike.
We recommend setting up an appointment so that we are better able to accommodate your needs. Email us or give us a call at 413-584-2052 to sign up.
Factors that will go into determining the best trike for you include:
- Budget: We offer a wide variety of trikes in terms of price — these include consignment trikes, electric assist trikes, and more affordable Trident Trikes and TerraTrike models.
- Terrain: How do you intend to use your trike? Specific trikes may be better suited to flat bike trails, road riding, off-road riding, commuting, etc.
- Portability: The Catrike 5.5.9 and folding Trail, as well as models from Trident Trikes are foldable trikes. Recumbent trikes will usually easily fit into hatchbacks, wagons, and SUVs unfolded! We can get them in a Honda Fit with the seats down with room to spare. (Exceptions may be hybrids, which typically have smaller openings and may require taking the seat off to fit)
- Seat height: Consider your level of comfort in sitting down and getting up from your recumbent trike. Different models and manufacturers have varying seat heights from ground level.
- Seat design/position: Most trike seats are adjustable, allowing you to change the seat angle or position. Seat style may vary between manufacturers: Trident Trikes have excellent lumbar support, while Catrikes feature padded seats.
Yes! We offer repairs at our trike shop on Wednesdays and Saturdays. Tune-ups and repairs are only available for recumbent trikes — we prefer to service TerraTrikes, Catrikes, and Trident Trikes.
We charge $70 for a basic tune-up and $70/hour for other repairs.
Contact us or call 413-270-1392 to set up an appointment.