You can help to build community through our programs
Volunteers are essential to our organization
As the saying goes, volunteers don't necessarily have the time; they just have the heart. Volunteers at All Out Adventures also have a lot of fun!
We hope that you will join our community by volunteering your time and skills!
Working alongside the All Out Adventures staff members in the field and in the office, our volunteers create community through fun by assisting our organization in a number of ways.
We provide about 150 outdoor recreation programs at very low or no cost to people with disabilities, seniors, and Veterans each year. Your donation helps to ensure that we can continue to break down barriers to access. Thank you!.
Volunteers may choose:
- To learn and apply their outdoor leadership skills at programs, assisting our trained program staff in providing positive encouragement and physical support, as needed, to participants with with physical, cognitive, and other disabilities, as they cycle, kayak, canoe, hike, camp, snowshoe, cross-country ski, ice skate, and more.
- To provide a welcoming face and helpful assistance in registering participants at programs and special events.
- To assist with organizational projects in non-program-related ways, such as assisting with website and newsletter updates in the office, providing maintenance services for our bicycles, kayaks, and other equipment, or assisting with our outreach efforts.
How do I get involved?
If you would like to volunteer with us step one is to download the Volunteer Registration Form, fill it out and mail, fax or email it to us. We will then get in touch with you. Call or email us if you are unable to download and open the registration form.
Join our Board of Directors
Be a critical part of the team by joining the Board of Directors
Our Board of Directors provides critical support and assistance to the organization, through outreach, fundraising, providing oversight, and technical support to the Executive Director. We are currently growing our board and have opportunities for involvement. While we welcome board members with all experience levels, we are actively seeking new members with the following skill sets to help move our organization forward:
- Marketing, social media, web design
- Legal and human resources expertise
- Financial skills, including book keeping or accounting
- Retail management
- Experience with people with disabilities, such as physical, occupational, and recreation therapists
- Experience working with Veterans
- Fundraising, both with special events and appeals
- A passion for the outdoors and connection to the local cycling, paddling, and hiking community
How do I get involved?
If you would like to learn more about our Board of Directors, please call or email Executive Director Karen Foster.