We regularly have openings for per diem program leaders to join our staff. In the summer, we may be able to offer full time work to one or two exceptional candidates. During the winter, we offer regularly scheduled weekend programs. During the fall and spring, opportunities are more limited, but we do schedule some weekend and weekday programs.
Our Program Leaders hold current relevant certifications, have strong leadership experience, and are comfortable working with people of all ages and abilities and from varied backgrounds.
Our Program Assistants are also comfortable working with people of all ages and abilities, as well as have experience with outdoor recreation and complementary experience, including teaching, camp counselor, occupational/physical therapy training, etc. If you are interested in being either a Program Leader or a Program Assistant, please send a cover letter and resume to Karen Foster:
* By mail: 214 State St., Northampton, MA 01060
* By e-mail: email@example.com
We will keep resumes on file and will contact candidates as opportunities become available.
We provide about 150 outdoor recreation programs at very low or no cost to people with disabilities, seniors, and Veterans each year. Your donation helps to ensure that we can continue to break down barriers to access. Thank you!.
Qualities that we we seek in our staff:
- Experience in outdoor recreation, including competence in several of the categories of programs that we run, including:
- Ice skating
- X-country skiing
- One or more of the following certifications:
- CPR/First Aid
- Wilderness First Aid or Wilderness First Responder
- ACA Canoe and/or Kayak Instructor (Required for our Paddling Program Leaders)
- Experience working with a wide variety of people. Experience with people with disabilities is highly desirable, as is training toward an occupational, physical, or rec therapy degree, experience as an educator, camp counselor, or other proven group leadership expertise.