Plunge For Adventure: April Fool's Edition
Plunge for Adventure: April Fool's Edition
What better way to help break down barriers to participation in outdoor recreation than joining us for a freezing cold dip in Upper Highland Lake at the DAR State Forest on April Fool's Day?!
- 10am: Arrival. Enjoy coffee from the Northampton Kiwanis Club. Change into your plunging outfit. Gather Your Courage.
- 11am: Plunging Begins
- Post-Plunge – 1pm: Change into something warm and dry. Enjoy soup and warm beverages from the Northampton Kiwanis Club. Post-Plunge Awards Ceremony.
A Plunger's Commitment
- Fundraise for the event by sharing social media graphics, fundraising asks, and event information with your networks (We'll provide it all!)
- Email us a photo of yourself that we can use for social media graphics and general plunge promotion
- Age requirements:
- 16+ to participate fully (with the option to go off the dock or from a waterslide)
- 12+ to go in from the beach with a responsible adult (18+) on site
- Best costume
- Most creative plunging style
- Crowd Favorite
2023's Committed Plungers
Stay tuned! We're updating this list almost daily
Owner, Miss Florence Diner, LIttle Miss Flo's Softserve
President, Florence Business and Civic Association
Community Volunteer Coordinator, Family 4th Event
Insurance Broker, Finck and Perras Insurance Agenc of Florence
Board President, Cancer Connection, Big Brothers Big Sisters of Hampshire County
Campaign Co-chair, United Way of Franklin & Hampshire Region
Board of Directors,Northampton and Easthampton Chambers of Commerce
Vice Chair of Fundraising, Friends of Cooley Dickinson and Northampton Rotary
WMA Volunteer Chair of Justice, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Committee
Co- Chair Family Outings Committee
Assistant Director of ABI/MFP Residential Services, Berkshire Family and Individual Resources
Board Member, All Out Adventures
Vice President and Commercial Credit Officer, Greenfield Savings Bank
Thank you to all who made the inaugural 2019 Plunge for Adventure such a success!
30 intrepid plungers worked together to raise more than $16,000 to support AOA's programs that open doors and break down barriers to people of all ages and all abilities.
Thank you to Harper Brooks-Kahn for the beautiful photos. Check out more of her photos from the Plunge.
Stay tuned for information about the 2022 Plunge!